Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reluctant husband

I think all the ladies have hit the nail on the head.

My DH for a long time actually refused to get tested, only after I took the leap he agreed to but even then he was reluctant.

When we got the MFI diagnosis, he retreated and wouldn't even speak to me. I learnt the hard way not to push him to talk.

Us women want to yap on about every last feeling while men seem to want to digest things all by themselves. So much so, that after our first ICSI was a BFN, my husband started feeling it was me (wanting to start a family with him) against him (who can't give me what I want)... only when he was ready to talk AND listen, did he realise we were in it together and were both feeling the frustration and pain (albeit differently) that comes with infertility.

The biggest aspect in my personal growth that I've had to work on through infertility has to be patience. Be patient with your husband and he will, in time, come around.

All the best baby-hopes!
    ME: 31 - OK
    DH: 34 - Obstructive Azoospermia (Awesome TESE sperm!)
    TTC since 2008

FS: Dr S. Heylen @ Cape Fertility Clinic
    IVF/ICSI #1 October 2011 - BFN
    IVF/ICSI #2 April 2013 - BFN

Urologist: Dr W. Botha @ Cape Town Mediclinic
    Vasogram March 2012 - Obstruction located and can be corrected!
    OA Corrective Surgery April 2012
    Follow-up semen analysis February 2013 - Azoospermic semen

POA:
    Decide when to schedule FET

"O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient." [Qur'an 2:153]

"Verily, with every difficulty there is relief" [Qur'an 94:5]

Follow me on Twitter: @InfertileMuslim

Blog Entries

Thank you everyone!!!! It helped sooo much to hear it from all of you. And as it turned out he came around sooner than expected. He told me today to make the appointment so that we can get it over with. He said he will do this ONCE and ONCE ONLY. After reading all your messages it didn't upset me so much ;-)