Thread: Rollercoaster!!!! FET cancelled

Default Rollercoaster!!!! FET cancelled

Sjoe - where to start.
    So we went to Joburg for our second opinions last Thursday. First we went to Bioart where Dr Dasoo suggested that we take some time off and try naturally for 6 months because I haven't been proven to be anovulatory. Then we went to Vitalab and saw Dr Gobetz who we really liked - he said that he also suspected a problem with my endometrium rather than an embryo quality issue. He did a scan and told us that my lining was only 4.9mm and inappropriate for the FET and advised us to cancel it! I was so upset! Even more upset because it had been measured at 8.9mm 2 days earlier! So I started stressing that my lining has been terrible for all my cycles and that is the reason I keep having chemical pregnancies. Once we cancelled our cycle, he suggested we do an HSG which he did and which was normal. He said he felt some thickening of my ligaments which could be a sign of endometriosis and advised that I have a laporoscopy - he says I have been like a hamster on a wheel doing cycle after cycle and a break would be good. So we had a million phonecalls to our FS in CT who wanted me to come in today because he is concerned about the lining. And lo and behold it was 8.5mm!!! So we cancelled our cycle for nothing and now that I had the HSG, we can't salvage the cycle - very unhappy. I even went to another gynae this morning for a third opinion about the lining and he confirmed it at 8.5mm. The good news is that my oestrogen is 1500 and my progesterone is 60 so I definitely ovulated this month so it is "home programming" for us. Does anyone know whether it is dangerous to conceive the same month as having an HSG - my FS doesn't seem to think so?
    Oh - btw - my celiac test came back positive so it is gluten-free for me from now on.
    Me-31-?anovulatory, antithyroid Ab, septum (removed)
    DH-33-perfect
    Jan-April '11: 2 x timed cycles + 2 x AI-BFN
    May: AI converted to IVF #1:10 eggs, 2 D5 blasts-chemical
    July: AI #3-chemical
    Aug: IVF #2: 25 eggs, 2 D5 blasts, 4 frozen-BFN
    Sept: FET-chemical
    Oct: hysteroscopy-septum
    Nov: New FS (same clinic) - IVF #3 with pred + aspirin: 19 eggs, 2 D5 blasts/1 frozen-chemical
    Jan '12: IVF #4: Long protocol-pred, aspirin + IL/ 25 eggs, 3 D5 blasts/ 4 frozen-chemical
    Feb '12: FET: cancelled
    May '12: Dr Braverman: IVF - trigger didn't work! Cycle cancelled
    July '12 Dr Braverman: FET with IVIg: 4 blasts transferred
    HPT positive 5dp5dt
    Beta 6dp5dt: 58
    8dp5dt: 143
    10dp5dt: 348
    12dp5dt: 867
    14dp5dt: 2376
    7 week scan: two sacs, one beautiful little munchkin 11.4mm with perfect heartbeat - what an special moment!
    9 week scan: our little jellybean is now 23.6mm and waving arms and legs!
    13 week scan. All perfect and it's a GIRL!
    13 weeks. Sub chorionic haematoma but stable for now. Bed rest indefinitely.
    20 week scan. Our precious munchkin is perfect with the most breathtaking little face. Haematoma has shrunk dramatically and everything on track. Modified bed rest whoo hoo!
    22 week scan. Haematoma is gone!! Precious baby girl weighs 493g.
    28 weeks. Steroids on board
    30 week scan. Sweetie pie opening her eyes and playing with her feet. Falling more and more in love...now weighing 1.3 kg
    32 week scan. Weight shot up to 1.85kg! My little superstar!
    33 to 35 weeks - scans three times a week due to low amniotic fluid and poor dopplers
    36 weeks: premature labour - precious angel born on 18.2.13 weighing 2.35kg with a length of 48cm. Never before have I experienced such overwhelming joy!

Sorry to hear this news natascha! You really have been on a rollercoaster of a ride. It must be very frustrating to have such differing opinions. Can't answer your question but good luck. Fingers crossed you get a bfp soon that's here to stay.
    Me: 38
    DH: 35

TTC 4 Years
    Lap done - nothing found
    DH SA fine

Vitalab with Dr V
    IVF Feb 2011 - BFN
    IVF/ICSI May 2011 - BFP

We are expecting two little ladies!!!!

Two miracles born on Sunday 29 January 2012, Noa born at 2,35 kgs (43 cm) and sister Fae born at 2,4 kgs (43,5 cm).

Spontaneous BFP March 2013. yikes!!!
    Beautiful baby girl Chloe born on Tuesday 5 November weighing 3.2 kgs.

Beating the odds with 3 babies under the age of two!

Sounds really frustrating ... how are you staying sane?

Sorry about your Celiac diagnosis: it requires a huge shift in your diet but I guess the upside is that at least there is something you can actively do to improve your chances of getting & keeping your BFP.

Good luck!

4. Default

Sounds hectic Natascha. I have no answers just wanted to wish you the best for your future POA.
    DH - 40 (male factor)
    Me - 36 (blocked tubes, PCOS)
    Married 4 years, TTC since 2005
    2 x Lap/Hysteroscopy & Cystectomy
    IVF/ICSI # 1 - BFN (Chemical) March 2009
    FET # 1 - BFN May 2010
    FET # 2 - BFN July 2010

ICSI # 2 : May 2011 - BFN (Chemical)
    FET # 3 : August 2011 - BFN

IVF # 3 : Feb/March 2012 - BFN

New FS

ICSI # 4 : Aug/September 2012 - BFP Thank you God!
    Short Protocol - Gonal F, Femara, Cetrotide, Ovidrell, Meticorten, Estrofem, Ecotrin, Progesterone, Intragam

BETA: 9/11/15/dp5dt - 156/245.2/1,083

First Scan on 05/10/2012 @ exactly 7 weeks - baby measuring @6w5d all looking good
    Second scan on 19/10/2012 - baby measuring 8w5d all looking good
    FAS on 9/11/2012 and its a girl
    20 week scan on 11/01/2013 - everything is great
    Our princess arrived on 14 May 2013

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

I'm so sorry to hear this. What a nightmare of a time you've had.

HSG is not a problem if you want to continue your cycle. They just don't normally do an HSG after ovulation in case you are already pregnant, and then the dye is not a good thing for the embryo. But since there was no embryo in your uterus during the HSG, you should be fine.

Did you do the Synexa Celiac test? What were your numbers?

Feel free to contact me, the Celiac road is a tough one, and I can hopefully give you some hints to smooth the ride! Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Me: 41, egg quality issues - 43 eggs retrieved through IVF, not a single normal day three embryo ever
    DH: 40, morphology has gone from 6% -> 5% -> 9% over 4 years
    TTC: since March 2008
    HSG: fallopian tubes are clear, but likely damaged
    AMH: 6.3 in October 2009 -> 3.74 in April 2011 -> 3.25 in May 2013!
    With Dr H at CFC
    Mini IVF/ICSI #1, May 2011 (Femara, Cetrotide, Ovidrel) - 3 eggs, 3 fertilised (but low grade embies), transferred 3, BFN
    Hysteroscopy - October 2011 - polyp removed
    IVF/ICSI #2, November 2011 (Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide, Lucrin trigger, Intralipid, Gestone) - 24 eggs, 2 low grade blasts transferred, nothing to freeze, BFN
    Adoption Screening September 2012, waiting, hoping, and praying!
    Chocolate endometrioma on right ovary treated with 6 weeks Visanne
    IVF/ICSI #3, July 2013 (Gonal F, Cetrotide, Ovitrelle and Crinone) -> 16 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilised, 3 immature, 3 low grade pre blasts transferred, BFN
    Donor Egg IVF/ICSI #4, October 2014

Mash - my anti-gliadin IgA was 226 but thankfully my anti-HTTG IgA was normal - apparently this means that there hasn't been damage to the bowel yet?

E-mailed my FS about the HSG and he says that it just means that the environment is not ideal for implantation but it isn't dangerous in terms of embryo abnormalities or pushing the embryo where it shouldn't go.
    Me-31-?anovulatory, antithyroid Ab, septum (removed)
    DH-33-perfect
    Jan-April '11: 2 x timed cycles + 2 x AI-BFN
    May: AI converted to IVF #1:10 eggs, 2 D5 blasts-chemical
    July: AI #3-chemical
    Aug: IVF #2: 25 eggs, 2 D5 blasts, 4 frozen-BFN
    Sept: FET-chemical
    Oct: hysteroscopy-septum
    Nov: New FS (same clinic) - IVF #3 with pred + aspirin: 19 eggs, 2 D5 blasts/1 frozen-chemical
    Jan '12: IVF #4: Long protocol-pred, aspirin + IL/ 25 eggs, 3 D5 blasts/ 4 frozen-chemical
    Feb '12: FET: cancelled
    May '12: Dr Braverman: IVF - trigger didn't work! Cycle cancelled
    July '12 Dr Braverman: FET with IVIg: 4 blasts transferred
    HPT positive 5dp5dt
    Beta 6dp5dt: 58
    8dp5dt: 143
    10dp5dt: 348
    12dp5dt: 867
    14dp5dt: 2376
    7 week scan: two sacs, one beautiful little munchkin 11.4mm with perfect heartbeat - what an special moment!
    9 week scan: our little jellybean is now 23.6mm and waving arms and legs!
    13 week scan. All perfect and it's a GIRL!
    13 weeks. Sub chorionic haematoma but stable for now. Bed rest indefinitely.
    20 week scan. Our precious munchkin is perfect with the most breathtaking little face. Haematoma has shrunk dramatically and everything on track. Modified bed rest whoo hoo!
    22 week scan. Haematoma is gone!! Precious baby girl weighs 493g.
    28 weeks. Steroids on board
    30 week scan. Sweetie pie opening her eyes and playing with her feet. Falling more and more in love...now weighing 1.3 kg
    32 week scan. Weight shot up to 1.85kg! My little superstar!
    33 to 35 weeks - scans three times a week due to low amniotic fluid and poor dopplers
    36 weeks: premature labour - precious angel born on 18.2.13 weighing 2.35kg with a length of 48cm. Never before have I experienced such overwhelming joy!

I am so sorry to hear this, you have had a tough few days!

My March FET cycle was also cancelled due to a thin linning, 4.8mm on CD 11 and Dr (local) said that I should rather wait for a normal cycle than to waist the frosties. I regret not going for a second opinion as it looks like I have a longer cycle this month.

Good luck with everything, take care and try not to get stressed out.
    xxx
    ME 34
    DH 36 No sperm left testicular failure
    TTC - 7 very long years
    ICSI#1 - Jan 2012 - 14 eggs, 7 fertilized, 3 trf on day 5 (3 frozen) BFN
    FET#1 - May 2012 - BFN
    HSG - June 2012
    ICSI#2 - Oct 2012 - 16 eggs, 10 fertilized (3 trf on day 5, 1 frozen) BFN
    2013: LAP & Hysteroscopy - March 2013 No Endo, Prof B - Ultraflora, Gynaguard, avoid gluten,dairy & sugar
    FET#2 - May 2014 BFN
    2014: We found out that there is zero sperm, need to use DS
    DS IUI x 3 JUN-AUG 2014 BFN
    Current cycle: DS IUI, endo scratch, waiting to test

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalm119:105

So two opinions at 8.5mm? I dont understand then how Dr G (who I adore by the way) measured it at 4mm?

Ok besides that, even though it is the last thing you want to hear, taking a break is not a bad thing. In the meantime you can get your diet sorted out so your body has time to recover. A time out is not necessary the way you want to go, but really speak to anyone who was forced to time out, afterwards they say they are so glad they did that.

All the best, thinking of you. And can fully understand if you want to hit someone over the head with a pan :-)

Mine were both high. The first one is an immune response to gluten and the second one (if I'm not mistaken) indicates an autoimmune response as a result.

I went into a cycle a month after discovering the Celiac and I regret it. It takes 6 months for the body to heal after you change your diet. There are two things that can go wrong with Celiac and IF - one is that because you are having an immune response, you reject the fetus. The second (and more terrifying) is that you are not absorbing nutrition in your diet and therefore the fetus starves. If you've had Celiac for a while, it will take some time for your nutrient levels to get back to normal once you cut gluten out of your diet. Another thing I regret - waiting 3 months before having my nutrient levels tested. The sooner you get that done, the sooner you will be creating the optimum environment for pregnancy. It takes about three months for the nutrient levels to come right, and three months for the eggs to mature (if you want to have a fresh cycle).
    Me: 41, egg quality issues - 43 eggs retrieved through IVF, not a single normal day three embryo ever
    DH: 40, morphology has gone from 6% -> 5% -> 9% over 4 years
    TTC: since March 2008
    HSG: fallopian tubes are clear, but likely damaged
    AMH: 6.3 in October 2009 -> 3.74 in April 2011 -> 3.25 in May 2013!
    With Dr H at CFC
    Mini IVF/ICSI #1, May 2011 (Femara, Cetrotide, Ovidrel) - 3 eggs, 3 fertilised (but low grade embies), transferred 3, BFN
    Hysteroscopy - October 2011 - polyp removed
    IVF/ICSI #2, November 2011 (Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide, Lucrin trigger, Intralipid, Gestone) - 24 eggs, 2 low grade blasts transferred, nothing to freeze, BFN
    Adoption Screening September 2012, waiting, hoping, and praying!
    Chocolate endometrioma on right ovary treated with 6 weeks Visanne
    IVF/ICSI #3, July 2013 (Gonal F, Cetrotide, Ovitrelle and Crinone) -> 16 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilised, 3 immature, 3 low grade pre blasts transferred, BFN
    Donor Egg IVF/ICSI #4, October 2014