Thread: Interview with Tertia Albertyn - Author of 'So Close' journey through infertility

Default Interview with Tertia Albertyn - Author of 'So Close' journey through infertility

What can you do to manage and better handle your infertility?

In this exclusive interview that you can download on http://fertility101.co.za/tertia-albertyn-interview you will gain a better understanding into the profound journey that one woman experienced with infertility.

Tertia Albertyn, author of “So Close” shares her struggle with infertility on all levels; emotional, physical and spiritual, through conception and finally to the birth of her beautiful twins.

Tertia’s book “So Close” captures the highly charged emotions and rollercoaster journey that she experienced with infertility. Learn about her determination and perseverance, and how to recognise the need for support and help. From her experiences with infertility, Tertia has started an Egg Donor Program called ‘Nurture’.

Tertia’s advice is heart-warming and comforting to anyone who is in the midst of infertility. It is also very appropriate for family and friends of those dealing with these difficulties. You will gain insights into the infertility experience and learn suitable responses to various situations.

You will benefit from the insights that Tertia shares in this exclusive interview and you will be able to implement her recommendations and ideas into your life. This beneficial advice will not only improve your coping abilities and decision making, but will also guide you daily on managing your stress levels relating to infertility.
    Reading and listening to this exclusive interview is the starting point for you to manage your situation and to feel more in control.

In this fertility interview, Tertia reveals and expresses her insights into the struggle that she has had with infertility.

Here are a few questions that Tertia answers in the interview:

How did you deal with the balance of when you wanted to share your results with family and friends and when you wanted your privacy?
    What advice would you give women who have infertility issues, who feel that they are letting their husbands down?
    What helped you reconnect with your own body every month after another dissapointment? And were you able to reconnect?
    How would you advise someone to try and let go of the anger and bitterness they feel each month?
    What is your advice to someone who says, “Just relax and it will happen.”?
    Because of your experience with infertility you now work in this field. What led to that?
    Speaking about the fear of the future, what advice could you give someone who doesn’t see a future?
    The state of mind that we find ourselves in has a direct response to the chemicals and hormones being released into our bodies. So infertility really plays havoc with emotions. Do you want to speak a little bit about that?
    What did you learn about yourself and your strength of character?
    What kind of advice would you give women when they are starting out with that two week waiting feeling anxious and consumed?

The answers to all these questions, as well as many more are revealed in this exclusive interview with Tertia Albertyn.

As you listen to Tertia’s easy and open manner, you’ll discover how you can start implementing her insights and advice into your own life today. This information comes first hand from someone who has experienced all the pain, losses and emotions that infertility brings. Often people feel isolated, desperate and lost in this battle, and this interview will help you to feel that you are not alone and your feelings are not crazy. You have heard over and over again people telling you to “Stop stressing” or “Just relax and it will happen”. You wish you knew how to do that. You’ve tried but it doesn’t help when you are feeling so consumed. You will gain advice on this as well.

This exclusive interview makes it easier to start implementing all this valuable advice into your life today.

www.fertility101.co.za

Great interview! Thanks!
    ME: 32 - OK
    DH: 35 - Obstructive Azoospermia (Awesome TESE sperm!)
    TTC since 2008

FS: Dr S. Heylen @ Cape Fertility Clinic
    IVF/ICSI #1 October 2011 - BFN
    IVF/ICSI #2 April 2013 - BFN
    FET May 2014 - BFP: Beta 9dpFET 232; 11dpFET 653

Urologist: Dr W. Botha @ Cape Town Mediclinic
    Vasogram March 2012 - Obstruction located and can be corrected!
    OA Corrective Surgery April 2012
    Follow-up semen analysis February 2013 - Azoospermic semen

"O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient." [Qur'an 2:153]

"Verily, with every difficulty there is relief" [Qur'an 94:5]

Follow me on Twitter: @InfertileMuslim

Hi Nina.
    I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the interview. Please let me know what about it helped. The reason it was recorded was primarily so that women don't feel that they are alone in their journey. I would love to hear from you. Please visit my website www.fertility101.co.za for more useful articles and CD's to download.

Is this link for the interview not working anymore as it cant seem to get onto it.
    Me - 34 PCOS
    DH - 35 Seems to be fine (slightly low morphology)
    Married 2009
    TTC since 2011
    History
    2 x Clomid timed cycles
    1 x Gonal F timed cycle
    4 x Menopur timed cycles (1 chemical pregnancy)
    1 x IUI with Menopur
    March 2012 IVF #1 (BFN)
    May 2012 IVF # 2 (BFN)
    March 2013 IVF #3 (BFN)
    Did acupuncture for IVF no 3 for a full year
    Consulted with Prof Bouic and did all the relevant immune tests and LIT treatment
    September 2013 Surprise BFP while waiting to start IVF - shocked
    29.10.13 13 week scan showed all is 100%
    EDD 7th May 2013

Hi.
    It doesn't look like it's working at the moment, but I downloaded the transcript previously. If you PM me your e-mail address I'll email it to you.
    Married 12 years, TTC 8+ years
    Me (36): POF (AMH 0.04, FSH > 30, antral follicle count: 0 to 1), no other issues
    DH (36): perfect, gorgeous and very supportive
    FS: Dr V @ Vitalab since Dec 2009
    OB: Dr Jivkov at Parklane
    1 x natural BFP, MC @ 9 weeks (Jan 2007)
    2 x HSG, 1 x office hysteroscopy - all fine
    7 x DE IVF (incl 2 FET): 4 BFN, 1 cancelled, 1 chemical, 1 BFP!
    Pregnant on paper (on adoption list) since 27 June 2013

With DE IVF #7 we added endometrial scratching and PGS. We transferred 2 chromosomally normal day 5 blasts.
    BFP 4 March 2014 - Betas: 12dp5dt = 341; 14dp5dt = 945; 16dp5dt = 2483; 18dp5dt = 4523; 20dp5dt (sneaky beta) = 7228
    6 week scan 19 March - 1 flickering heartbeat
    7 week scan 26 March - the best moment ever! We heard the heartbeat.
    9 week scan 7 April - bub wiggled. Growing nicely. 22.9mm now.
    12 week scan 25 April - bub was super active. Showing off some kung fu moves and doing summersaults
    16 week scan 22 May - It's a girl! 101mm and 100g. She was sleeping this time and upside down.

Raindrop

Thanks i don't know how to PM, can you explain, i can find the Private message area but not sure how to search for your name to write to you.
    Me - 34 PCOS
    Married 2009
    TTC since 2011
    History
    2 x Clomid timed cycles
    1 x Gonal F timed cycle
    1 x IUI with Menopur
    March 2012 IVF #1 (BFN)
    May 2012 IVF # 2 (BFN)
    March 2013 IVF #3 (BFN)
    Consulted with Prof Bouic and did all the relevant immune tests and LIT treatment
    EDD 7th May 2013

Toots, just click on the name (in blue) of the person you want to PM. THere will be a pop up menu with 6 options, choose the one that says "Personal message"

Hope that helps
    Me:35
    DH: 34
    Daughter (7yr) Timed cycle with meds (2 yrs ttc)

TTC #2 since Mar 2006
    Dx: PCOS and male infertility (diagnosed Dec 2008)
    4 x timed cycles with injectables (BFN)

Thanks so much i managed to figure it out.
    Me - 34 PCOS
    Married 2009
    TTC since 2011
    History
    2 x Clomid timed cycles
    1 x Gonal F timed cycle
    1 x IUI with Menopur
    March 2012 IVF #1 (BFN)
    May 2012 IVF # 2 (BFN)
    March 2013 IVF #3 (BFN)
    EDD 7th May 2013

Hi,

I just came across this thread and wanted to check out the interview.....well it seems its been hacked by some "anon ghost" or something..... its really strange, kinda like some thing from an american movie! so dont click on it to view it, just incase! Hope it hasnt hacked or spammed my laptop!

Barbs

Hi Barbs

I've got the transcript of the interview on my computer. If you PM me your email address, I'll send it on to you.

x
    Married 12 years, TTC 8+ years
    Me (36): POF (AMH 0.04, FSH > 30, antral follicle count: 0 to 1), no other issues
    DH (36): perfect, gorgeous and very supportive
    FS: Dr V @ Vitalab since Dec 2009
    OB: Dr Jivkov at Parklane
    1 x natural BFP, MC @ 9 weeks (Jan 2007)
    2 x HSG, 1 x office hysteroscopy - all fine
    7 x DE IVF (incl 2 FET): 4 BFN, 1 cancelled, 1 chemical, 1 BFP!
    Pregnant on paper (on adoption list) since 27 June 2013

With DE IVF #7 we added endometrial scratching and PGS. We transferred 2 chromosomally normal day 5 blasts.
    BFP 4 March 2014 - Betas: 12dp5dt = 341; 14dp5dt = 945; 16dp5dt = 2483; 18dp5dt = 4523; 20dp5dt (sneaky beta) = 7228
    6 week scan 19 March - 1 flickering heartbeat
    7 week scan 26 March - the best moment ever! We heard the heartbeat.
    9 week scan 7 April - bub wiggled. Growing nicely. 22.9mm now.
    12 week scan 25 April - bub was super active. Showing off some kung fu moves and doing summersaults
    16 week scan 22 May - It's a girl! 101mm and 100g. She was sleeping this time and upside down.