Thread: Decidual Bleeding - I think I may have my answer

Default Decidual Bleeding - I think I may have my answer

Hi

I was freaking out about the constant period-like bleeding, but found some info that made me feel loads better:

http://www.women-health-info.com/297...-bleeding.html
    "Many women can experience episodes of bleeding, brown discharge and/or spotting during pregnancy. Bleeding is especially common during first trimester of pregnancy and about 20%-30% of pregnant women could experience vaginal or uterine bleeding during this time. Although fewer women bleed during the second and third trimesters, spotting is still possible and not all that uncommon. However, though this bleeding may resemble menstruation, it actually is something different altogether.

One of the most common causes of “period-like” bleeding during pregnancy is called “decidual bleeding”. Sometimes during pregnancy women hormones can get out of whack, causing you to lose parts of the lining of your uterus. This is especially common in the early stages of pregnancy, before the lining has completely attached to the placenta. While it can be troublesome to think about shedding part if uterine lining, decidual bleeding is generally not thought to be a health threat to you or your baby

Sometimes pregnant women could experience so called “decidual bleeding. Decidual bleeding is the name for bleeding during pregnancy that may occur around the time that a pregnant woman would otherwise expect her menstrual period. The phenomenon is fairly rare and usually does not last longer than the first few months of pregnancy. This bleeding can be similar to a menstrual period and can occasionally prevent women from realizing that they are pregnant until other signs develop.

Decidual bleeding usually happens when the usual rise and fall of hormone levels is somehow disturbed and part of the uterine lining is caused to be shed periodically even when there is a pregnancy subsisting. It is common that this period-like discharge happens in the early part of the pregnancy, before the placenta has been fully established. Decidual bleeding is more common during the early part of pregnancy, however many women do continue to get a period like discharge throughout their pregnancy. This is usually not something that has to be worried about generally"

AND:

I'm trying to find it, but can't seem to, magnesium deficiency - will try to find the page and add it here.
    (Generally Magnesium helps regulate hormones and has something to do with bleeding. I am NOT suggesting to go out and take massive amount of Magnesium, but it could be worth checking that the MG dosage in your Preggy supplement is sufficient - FS)

I have been spotting roughly since about 8/9 dp3dt. I got my BFP last Friday, but spotting increased to period-like bleeding on the Sunday, with a subsequent drop in Beta. The Beta increased again, but the bleeding kept on non-stop until this Friday (ie, 6 days). By this time I was freaking out, googled a bit and decided to take my magnesium supplement. By Saturday the bleeding has drastically decreased, and now there is no bleeding.

I guess it can be coincidence, but whatever, I am relieved the bleeding stopped and thought others may also be interested in "decidual bleeding", as I did a search and couldn't find it under that lable here. I like to give a name to my niggles.
    TTC: 6 years
    Myself: Age 32
    Husband: Age 34

Attempt #1-#7: Nothing to show except lots of heartache
    Attempt #8: FET planned for December

In Liefde het ons saam geleer
    Opgestaan en weer probeer
    Druk my vas en soen my nog 'n keer
    As trane oor my wange rol
    Voel ek jou hart hier binne my
    Vanaand sien ek my kinders in jou oë

En dis hemel op Tafelberg
    Daar's 'n engel wat langs my lę
    En dis alles wat ek wil hę
    En dit reën in die Klein Karoo

And of course, all bleeding should be checked by your dr in any way, I just thought this was interesting.