Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tese / pesa procedure under local

Unhappy Tese / pesa procedure under local

Hi Guys

I am booked in for a Tese / Pesa procedure on the 28th of Feb and i am scared, did any one of you go through this via Local anesthesia, the Doc states that i will be smiling , hes just going to extract sperm and a few tissuse samples .....please help do i go under local or complete knockout ....the costs vary
    14k for local
    17k for complete knockout + aneshethic fees 2500-3000 = 20k

Hi Rocky,

My hubby had two Tese/Pesa done, both with jsut local..he didnt feel anything during the extraction...but was a bit uncomfortable the next day. Had a nother friend that went for the same procedure, he was perfect the next day? Good luck!

Thread: Tese / pesa procedure under local

Tks for your reply, did he pay the similar costs and how long is the procedure for ?

Quote Originally Posted by Empty View Post
    Hi Rocky,

My hubby had two Tese/Pesa done, both with jsut local..he didnt feel anything during the extraction...but was a bit uncomfortable the next day. Had a nother friend that went for the same procedure, he was perfect the next day? Good luck!
    tks for your reply, did he pay similar prices and how long is the procedure for ?

Ours was some time back...+-3years ago, not 100% sure of amount but think it was about R7500 (back then)?? The procedure takes about 20/30min or so, for me it felt like hours watching them (they allowed me in the first time, but not second time) looking for our precious swimmers....for hubby on the other hand he found one spot on the seiling to focus on, and didnt even know when they were done? You will be fine, they are so professional and they do these procedures all the time....

Hi there

My DH had his under general. All the best for your procedure. Just wanted to let you know that we had success with the TESA sperm and got our BFP on our 3rd ICSI cycle.

Lesley: 35 / DH: 47 / Clinic: CFC / FS: Dr H / Hospital: CT Medi-Clinic / Obgyn: Dr P
    TTC post vasectomy / annovulation

2008 TESA (DH); 2 x ICSI (BFN); 1 x FET (BFN); Vas Reversal (DH)
    2009 Total failure of vas reversal (DH); Office Hysteroscopy; HSG
    2010 Apr: 3rd ICSI BFPAlex born on 16th Dec. 3.65kg.

2012 Aug: 4th ICSI (1st for #2) BFP Taylor born 25th April 3.15kg So in love with my babies. TTC done!

hi there

just wanted to let you know that i did go for my Tese procedure on monday under general and it was no pain except for the next day and yesterday , all is fine now and guess what ? - they found live healthy sperm all they need now is the eggs and the FS says he is going to go the icsi route . did you suceed via this route

Hi Rocky, welcome! Glad the tese went well and you haven't had toooo much pain. I have no personal experience of tese success but RichardsL has the cutest little boy from a tese icsi, so it does work. Good luck and please keep us posted.
    Juanita

Me 38 - poor responder
    DH (Hopelessly TTC) 39 - Secondary Hypogonadism - menopur & ovidrel injections took us from 0 sperm to 10Million!
    Married 15 years
    FS: Professor Siebert Vincent Pallotti

2010 - ICSI#1 - BFN, ICSI#2 - Cancelled
    2011 - IMSI#3 - BFN
    2011 Mar - IMSI#4 - BFP Betas 10dp3dt=238, 12dp3dt=642, 14dp3dt=1882
    Perfect Boy, Jed Raymond (3.14kgs) and Girl, Jade Amy (3.26kgs) twins born 7 Nov 2011 at 37w3d

My blog: http://mommyinwaiting.wordpress.com

Roky - I am so happy they found live sperm and that you are feeling ok! All the best with your ICSI!
    TTC: 11.5 years
    Married: 16 years
    ME: 41 - Endo 2, polyps, adenomyosis, abnormal papsmears and cysts on ovaries
    DH: 42 - 48% chromosomally abnormal sperm
    2 Colposcopies, 2 Lap's, 4 hysteroscopies, and D & C evac
    8 IUI's - All BFN
    2 IVF's - BFN
    1 FET - BFN (with IL)
    Last IVF (april 2010) (with IL) - BFP but m/c @ 10 weeks (trisomy 13) & blighted ovum @ 7 weeks
    Natural miraculous BFP - Baby Gian born on 26/12/2011
    My Blog: http://keepingmyeyesonjesus.wordpress.com/

Hi Roky,
    sorry, I somehow missed your original post...
    Firstly, welcome to the forum!! Not many guys here as you've no doubt figured out.
    Congrats on the TESE results - so glad you didn't go through the discomfort for nothing.
    I don't envy you at all - I've been on injections 4 days a week since November 2009, and think I prefer that to the thought of a single TESE!!!
    So hats off to you for going through with the procedure and fantastic that they found live sperm!
    Keep us posted on your next steps...and welcome again.
    Last edited by HopelesslyTTC; 03-05-2011 at 08:53 AM.
    HopelesslyTTC
    Not so Vital Stats
    DW (HopefullyTCC) 35
    Me 37 - Secondary Hypogonadism - crap pituitary
    Married 12 fab years (though the last 2 years aint been easy )
    No contraception for 7+ years
    Officially TTC: 27 months
    POA: I'm on more shots than a ganster movie = first sperm (June10), 10mill sperm!! (Mar11)
    IVF#1 (July10) BFN
    IVF#2 (Oct10) cancelled
    IVF#3 (Feb11) BFN
    IVF#4 (Mar11) BFP - 1st scan 8th April = TWINS!!

My blog: http://hopelesslyttc.wordpress.com/